SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Strong diverse background in construction safety & risk management along with project management.
- Knowledgeable in construction & safety documentation.
- Able to identify potential risk and safety exposures.
- Hands on experience and able to multi task.
- Recognized for outstanding organizational skills.
- Acknowledged by client/owners for responsibilities to project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with onsite supervision.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Expedition
2017 – Present
Certified Safety Engineer
MTA New Bus Command Center – $55M
- Responsible for on-site safety for a $55 Million NYC MTA project located in Brooklyn, NY. Project is a low-rise ground up new construction.
- Monitor site safety and conduct daily on-site safety meetings along with a mandatory bi-weekly site safety meeting with all trades.
- Report and investigate any safety deficiencies.
- Responsible for investigating and preparing accident/injury/near misses.
- Able to report and interact with NYC MTA officials.
2008 – 2017
Safety/Loss Prevention Manager
Varsity Plumbing and Heating, Inc.
- Responsible for companywide safety manual, inspect and monitor for various job-sites that include contracts with New York City School Construction Authority and New York State Department of Environmental Protection.
- Evaluated and monitored confined space projects.
- Prepared and submitted reports regarding job site safety. Attend progress meetings.
- Responsible for investigating and all documentation pertaining to accident/incident reporting.
- Arranged and presented weekly safety meetings.
2004 – 2008
Sr. Safety Inspector
Earth Tech Eng. For Department Environmental Protection
Major security upgrade renovation along with Construction Safety Inspector for the modernization and renovation for Newton Creek Waste Water Treatment Plant that consists of four (4) major contracts.
- Work includes excavation, structural, concrete, pile driving, and all HVAC systems.
- Assisted in getting safety program implemented.
- Overseeing and safety auditing on a daily and weekly basis.
- Prepared monthly progress safety reports and attend monthly progress meetings.
- Advised and recommended to Resident Engineers safety assessments and if safety compliance is being met by Contractors.
- Conducted walk-through with Contractor’s Site Safety Representatives.
- Monitored contracts for safety compliance being met by all Contractors.
2002 – 2004
Construction Safety/Risk Control Management
Total Overall Cost of Project $400 million
On site risk control for a 32 story hi-rise(Kings County Supreme & Family Courthouse, Brooklyn, NY)
- Assessing safety, risk and loss control for project to ensure that contractors are following OSHA guidelines and making recommendations to minimize loss exposure due to worker’s compensation claims and general liability.
- Interfaced with ConstructionManagement’s On-Site Safety Manager.
- Presenting and implementing OCIP Site Safety Incentive Program and weekly and monthly safety meetings. Prepared safety memos that pertained to projects safety and/or upcoming work.
B.S.: Business Management
NYU Construction Management Studies
- OSHA 30 hours
- NYC DOB 40 Hr. Certified Site Safety
- NYC – MTA Track Training Certification
- 4 Hr. Supported Scaffold
- OSHA Compliance (Rules & Regulations of Workplace Safety)
- Hazardous Communications (Hazcom/29 CFR1910.1200)
- Hazwoper Refresher (29CFR 1910.120 (e) (8)
- Respiratory Protection Training (29 CFR 1910.1349k) and (SH&E 112)
- Asbestos Awareness
- Confine Space Certification
- National Board of Real Estate
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- Associate Sr. of St. Joseph Concordia
- Secretary, Our Lady of Sorrows Council
- 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher